Worldwide about half of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices. Most countries show a significant growth in mobile internet usage over the last few years and New Zealand is no exception. In March 2018 about 60% of online activity was desktop related while 40% happened on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
Since 2015 Google prioritises mobile friendly websites in their ranking system. This is referred to as “Mobilegeddon”.
There are several ways to create mobile friendly web design. Google recommends responsive web design.
“A mobile compatible web design is no longer a luxury, it’s a requirement.”
What is a mobile friendly website?
As a result of smaller screen sizes and often being on the go when using a mobile device, visitors browse to a website knowing what they are searching. If they can’t find what they are looking for, they will try another site. This means you can’t waste time and you have to provide them with what they’re looking for straight away.
- Content that adapts to the screen size. We call this responsive design. We don’t want the visitor to zoom in and out to read.
- Pages that load fast. Avoiding heavy content or too many pictures that slows down the page load.
- Navigation that is easy to access.
Despite the upward trend in mobile usage, it’s important that we don’t disregard desktop users. Time spent on sites and number of pages viewed are three times greater on desktop than on mobile devices.
Therefore we at Websites Wairarapa think it is equally important that your website is optimised for both desktop and mobile usage.
Services we offer
Brand new website
I would like to...
- present myself, my business or organisation
- showcase my services or products
- sell things easier
- get found through Google
- link with social media
Not sure yet how a website could help your organisation grow? Click the button and provide some more information. We will be in touch with suggestions.
Make website mobile friendly
My website has some issues...
- my website is hopeless on mobile phones
- I can hardly read the text
- it looks chaotic
- the buttons don't work or get really small
- my web design is old fashioned and unprofessional
- it is a painful process to make any changes in the content
Does any of the above apply to you? We can help.
A website is like a car, it needs regular maintenance to keep running smoothly
- I don't have time to do much maintenance
- I have a login but find it too complicated
- my website behaves abnormally
- I got hacked and my provider tells me the software is out of date
- my site loads really slow
We can assist. Either as a one-off service to get everything up to date or we can take care of regular maintenance. Tell us more about your situation.
Domain & Hosting
To run a website, you need:
- at least one domain name, your 'web address'
- some space on a server connected to the internet, this is called hosting
Start off here
Other web services
- Social media HELP
- Setup or maintain facebook page
- Google services
- A web app or native app
- Content writing
- Email newsletters (e-news)
Or anything else? Just ask and we will let you know if we can assist or put you in the right direction
Website optimisation (SEO)
A website that cannot be found is useless
- Increase organic ranking in Google search results
- Paid ranking services (advertising on Google or Facebook)
We can assist. One-off or ongoing. Enquire now.